- Invited Participant, 2016 Technical Expert Panel on Shared Decision Making, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Recipient, 2013-2014 Department of Psychological Sciences Max Meyer Junior Faculty Research Award, University of Missouri
- Nominee, 2013 Provost’s Outstanding Junior Faculty Research Award, University of Missouri
- Nominee, 2011 Young Faculty Scholar Award, Wichita State University.
- Recipient, 2008 Summer Support Fellowship, Wichita State University
- Recipient, 2000 College of Arts & Sciences Student Research Grant, West Chester University
- Recipient, 1999 College of Arts & Sciences Student Research Grant, West Chester University
- Recipient, 1999-2000 Psychology Department Student of the Year Award, West Chester University.
- “Using Patient Stories to Inform Decisions About Health”, talk given at DigiHealth 2015
- “The Problem with Narratives in Decision Aids”, talk given at 2015 ‘Evidence-based Medicine, Narratives, and Decision Aids: A Workshop on Healthcare Decision Making in Context’ at Berlin University School of Public Health
- Invited presentation at the Institute for Public Health at Washington University in St. Louis: “Using Narratives in Patient Decision Aids”
- Invited presentation at the 2013 Eisenberg Center Conference on Clinical Decision Sciences: ‘The Use of Narratives for Understanding Evidence in Medicine.
- Invited address at the 2013 Informed Medical Decisions webinar, ‘The Power of Narratives: How They Shape the Way Patients Make Medical Decisions’
- Invited address at the 2013 Medical Editors Meeting of the Informed Medical Decisions Foundation: ‘All Stories Are Not Alike” A Taxonomy of Patient Narratives’
- Invited address at University of Aberdeen, Scotland: ‘The Effects of Narratives in Patient Decision Aids’. Given to the Department of Health Services Research
- Invited address at the 2010 Medical Editors Meeting of the Foundation for Informed Medical Decision Making
Participation at Invited Meetings:
- Invited participant at the 2010 Summer Institute on Informed Patient Choice, Dartmouth College.
- Invited participant at the 2009 APA Science and Leadership Conference.
- Invited participant at the 2004 Summer Institute on Bounded Rationality, Max Planck Institute for Human Development.
- Invited participant at the 1999 National Science Foundation Conference on Rural Youth and their Transition from School to Work.